Emerson St at Waverly St Sign
|Classic 1937 design cast-aluminum sign.
- Raised border and letters.
- Uses small-caps for lower case letters.
(The “lower case” letters are actually slightly smaller capital letters.)
- Street type is same size as name and is followed by period.
- Extremely durable.
Beresford Rd at Arlington Rd Sign
|Classic street signs are mounted on a round post in one of two ways:
- End mounted on a capped post (above left).
- Center mounted above the post (left).
Cedar Rd at Laurel Rd Sign
|First generation new sign.
- Thin flat sign.
- Round corners and painted border.
- Larger letters but similar typeface (no small-caps).
- Visible reflective prisms in background.
- Easily bent, flexes in strong winds.
- Square “industrial” post.
Allerton St at High St Sign
|Second generation new sign.
- Reinforced borders with square corners.
- Reflective prisms in background less noticable in daylight.
- Tall width-compressed typeface.
- Half height street type with no period.
- More durable than first generation signs.