HSHA Annual Meeting & Potluck Dinner
Monday, May 9th
Latvian Lutheran Church
Please join us for your neighborhood association’s Annual Meeting!
- 6pm Family Potluck Dinner*
- 7pm Moderated panel discussion
- HSHA annual business meeting and Board election to follow panel discussion
* Those with last names beginning with A-F please bring a dessert, G-M a salad, and N-Z a main dish.
Panel Discussion: “Development on Route 9 and the Role of the Selectmen, Town Economic Development Office and Neighbors”
Route 9, between Cypress Street and Pond Avenue,* is rapidly changing. This past winter a medical marijuana dispensary opened in the former Brookline Bank building, and an extended-stay Hilton hotel, Homewood Suites, soon will open for business at the former Red Cab site. Boston Children’s Hospital’s large development project is beginning construction at Two Brookline Place, while a Hilton Garden Inn is being planned for the former Gulf Station site at 25 Washington Street. The Audi dealership seeks to substantial expand the size and number of buildings and cars on its lot. Across the street, Soka Gakkai International, a Nichiven Buddhist organization, is completing renovations to 303 Boylston Street. Will the Dunkin Donuts’ property on the corner of High Street be the next Route 9 development project? Come learn more about the changes that are taking place on our doorstep and how the town is managing development along Route 9.
Our panel will include:
- Andy Martineau, Brookline, Economic Development Planner
- Ben Franco, Selectman
- Neil Wishinsky, Selectman
- Kara Brewton, Brookline Economic Development Director (moderator)